Typically identifies 4 or more fertile days*
By identifying more fertile days before ovulation than any with other ovulation test, you have more opportunities to get pregnant and can plan ahead.
Adapts to Your Personal Cycle
With its unique algorithm, the test adapts to your personal hormone profile, so you are less likely to miss your fertile days.
Tracks 2 Key Fertility Hormones
It's the only ovulation test to accurately track not only LH, but also estrogen to identify your wider fertility window.
Reusable Reader Works for More than One LH Surge
Available in 1 month and 2 month supplies.
Detecting Hormones in Urine is More Accurate than Other Methods
Midstream urine testing is more accurate than Basal Body Temperature testing (BBT) and Calendar Method 1.
Accuracy You Can Trust
Over 99% accurate at detecting the LH surge 2.
Can Be Used by Women with Irregular Periods
Suitable for women with regular and irregular periods (but NOT for women with PCOS).
Clear Digital Results
The clear digital display gives you a Clearblue© smiley face when it identifies your best days to get pregnant.
Find 4 or more days instead of 2
Trying for a baby is an exciting experience for couples and sometimes the right timing can make all the difference. Studies have shown that 50% of couples could be trying to conceive on the wrong days. 3 While over 99% accurate in detecting LH surge, Clearblue's Advanced Digital Ovulation Test is the FIRST and ONLY test to typically identify 4 or more fertile days, that's more than any other ovulation test. 4 As the 'likelihood of conceiving' chart below shows, knowing 4 or more days instead of 2 can add significant opportunities to conceive. By accurately tracking two key fertility hormones, this mid-stream urine test empowers you with better knowledge of your wider fertility window - giving a couple more flexibility in planning and more opportunities to get pregnant. No matter what stage of life you are in, the Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test will help you identify your most fertile days.
Research shows that women who know when they are most fertile each cycle are likely to get pregnant sooner.5 As the chart indicates, it's possible to get pregnant when intercourse takes place throughout the fertile window and not just on the most fertile days. Because your partner's sperm can survive in your body for up to 5 days, you can actually become pregnant by having intercourse during the days leading up to ovulation. Knowing a wider fertile window can give busy couples more time to enjoy the process and maximize their chances of getting pregnant.
It works differently to other ovulation tests
Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test works differently than other ovulation tests as it is designed to detect 2 hormones, estrogen and LH.
When it detects a rise in your level of estrogen it displays High Fertility (flashing smiley face), and will continue to display High Fertility in the following days while it looks for your LH surge. When your LH surge is detected, the test displays Peak Fertility (static smiley face).
5 points you need to read before use
Peak Fertility is displayed constantly for 48 hours after it first appears
You cannot do another test while Peak Fertility is shown, as the Holder will not be able to read it.
The number of fertile days you see is personal to you
Not all cycles are the same. The number of fertile days you see is personal to you.
Every woman's cycles are unique and hormone patterns differ. In a study of 87 women, this is what we observed:
|Number of High Fertility days before Peak Fertility||% of Women|
|No Peak Fertility detected after High Fertility||8%|
Seen more than 9 High Fertility days ?
If you see more than 9 High Fertility days you may wish to stop testing this cycle
- If you started testing on the correct day for your usual cycle length and you see 9 or more days of High Fertility, it is unlikely that you will see Peak Fertility in this cycle.
- Occasionally some women have an LH surge that is too low for the test to detect or they do not ovulate during a cycle and therefore they don't see Peak Fertility. This is not unusual and may happen in approximately 8% of cycles. If you do not see Peak Fertility for 3 consecutive cycles, we recommend you discuss this with your doctor.
Test once a day
Only test once a day until you see High Fertility
- For reliable High Fertility results you must use the urine from after your longest sleep.
- When you have seen High Fertility you can test more often, but avoid excess fluid intake before testing.
Don't remove the batteries
If you remove the batteries from the holder you will not be able to use it again.
If you have any questions please refer to the full instruction leaflet or contact the Careline.
How to use Clearblue DIGITAL Ovulation Test with Dual Hormone Indicator
- Please always read the instructions on pack and in the leaflet carefully before use.
- Always test using the first urine of the day.
- You need to know your usual cycle length before you start to ensure you test at the right time to find your high and peak fertile days.
- To work out your cycle length, count the day period starts (first day of full menstrual flow) as Day 1, and continue counting through to the day BEFORE your next period starts – the number of days is your cycle length.
- Once you know your cycle length, use the table below to find out when to start testing:
Your cycle length in days 21 or less 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 or more Start testing on the day next to your cycle length 5 6 6 6 7 7 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 20 days before your next period
- Remove a test stick from its foil wrapper.
- Remove the cap from the test stick.
- Align the purple arrow on the ovulation test stick with the arrow on the test holder.
- Insert the test stick until it clicks into place.
- The ovulation test will switch on after you have inserted the test stick correctly.
- If it's the first time you have used the test holder, the 'new cycle' symbols will flash briefly.
- Wait for the 'test ready' symbol to appear and test immediately.
- Place the Absorbent Sampler pointing downwards in your urine stream for 3 seconds.
- Or collect a sample of your urine in a clean, dry container. Dip the sampler in the urine for 15 seconds.
- The 'test ready' symbol will start flashing after a minute to show the test is working.
- Within 1 minute you will see that the test is working as the test ready symbol will start to flash.
- Keep the sampler pointing downwards or lay the ovulation test stick flat. Throughout testing never hold the test with the absorbent tip popinting upwards.
- Your result will appear on the display after 5 minutes.
Low Fertility – A clear circle
- A clear circle indicates low fertility. Having intercourse today is just for fun as it is unlikely, but not impossible, that you will become pregnant. Your result will be displayed for 8 minutes.
- Do not test again today. Test again tomorrow using the first urine after your longest sleep.
- Note: The test is looking for the rise in estrogen that will indicate you have reached High Fertility, for your High Fertility results to be reliable it’s important to test only once a day.
High Fertility - A flashing smiley face
- When the test first detects a rise in your level of estrogen it will display High Fertility (a flashing smiley face). Your result will be displayed for 8 minutes.
- In the following days the test will continue to display High Fertility whilst it looks for your LH surge. Continue to test daily to find your LH surge.
- After your first day of High Fertility is displayed you can test more than once a day if you would like to but avoid excess fluid intake before testing.
If you see more than 9 High Fertility days, see FAQs 2 and 4
Peak Fertility - A static smiley face is constantly displayed for 48 hours after it first appears
You cannot do another test while Peak Fertility is shown, as the Holder will not be able to read it.
- Eject your ovulation test stick right away and dispose of it in your normal household waste.
What do other people think?
"The tests were fantastic, extremely accurate and quick and easy to use. I have recommended the product to all of my friends. The same for the pregnancy test, extremely accurate and very simple to use. I do not have enough words to explain how grateful I am to Clearblue. It made the whole conceiving process easier and will definitely recommend to all couples trying for a baby."
Frequently asked questions
• When your LH surge is first detected, the test will display a static smiley face and this will continue to be displayed constantly for 48 hours, indicating your 2 most fertile days.
• You cannot do another test while Peak Fertility is shown on the display as the Holder will not be able to read it. You can save any remaining test sticks to use in a future cycle if needed.
• Don’t remove the batteries to try to reset the Holder, if you do this you will break the Holder and you won’t be able to use it again.
• There are enough test sticks in this pack for most women with regular cycles to detect their High and Peak Fertility. It is possible that if your cycle length is long or it varies, you may need to do more tests. You should use the same holder with test sticks from a new pack.
• Some women may not see High Fertility days but see Peak Fertility days only. This may be because the estrogen level is not high enough to be detected by the test, or they started testing too late. Peak Fertility results can still be relied upon and having sex on these days maximizes your chance of getting pregnant.
- Hormone levels and cycle length vary from one woman to another and from cycle to cycle in the same woman. The number of fertile days displayed each cycle will be personal to you and some women will have more, or less than 4. In a study of 87 women, this is what we observed:
Number of High Fertility days before Peak Fertility % of Women 0-4 68% 5-9 25% 10+ 1% No Peak Fertility detected after High Fertility 8% TOTAL 100%
• When the test detects a rise in your level of estrogen it displays High Fertility (flashing smiley face), and will continue to display High Fertility in the following days while it looks for your LH surge.
• If you started testing on the correct day for your usual cycle length and you see 9 or more days of High Fertility, it is unlikely that you will see Peak Fertility in this cycle. You may wish to stop testing for this cycle and save any remaining tests for next cycle.
• Occasionally some women have an LH surge that is too low for the test to detect, or they do not ovulate during a cycle and in this case they may see lots of High Fertility days but no Peak Fertility. This is not unusual and may happen in approximately 8% of cycles.
• If you test with non early morning urine or continue to test after Peak Fertility you may see unexpected High Fertility days.
• If you don’t see Peak Fertility for 3 consecutive cycles we recommend you discuss this with your doctor.
• Remember, your results are personal to you and you may see more than 2 High Fertility days – see table in Q3.
For your High fertility results to be reliable it is important to only test once a day using the urine after your longest sleep.
After your first day of High Fertility is displayed, and the test starts looking for your LH surge, you can test more frequently if you would like to, but avoid excess fluid intake before testing.
Yes, the test reads your individual hormone levels and on the first day you test in each cycle the level of estrogen will be identified. The test cannot display High Fertility on the first day you test as it needs to determine your baseline level. Subsequent tests use this baseline level and when a significant rise in estrogen is detected it will display High Fertility. The test will then display High Fertility until it detects the LH surge and Peak Fertility is displayed.
If an LH surge is detected on the first day of testing, Peak Fertility will be displayed.
Always read the manufacturer’s instructions for any medication that you are taking before doing a test.
Certain medical conditions and medications can give misleading results, for example:
• you are pregnant.
• you have recently been pregnant.
• you have reached the menopause.
• you have impaired liver or kidney function.
• you have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
• if you are taking fertility drugs containing luteinising hormone or human Chorionic Gonadotrophin.
• you are taking antibiotics containing tetracyclines.
• some fertility treatments such as clomiphene citrate may give misleading High Fertility results. Peak Fertility results should be unaffected.
If you have recently been pregnant you should wait until you have had 2 natural menstrual cycles and note how long these are before using Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test. Please check with your doctor if you are taking any medication or have any medical condition before planning a pregnancy.
8. I have put in a new Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test Stick and these symbols have flashed on the display. What does it mean?
This means that the holder is ready to use for the first time. It will also be displayed if you are testing after you have seen Peak Fertility or if you have not done a test for 3 or more days in a row. If you have missed 3 or more tests and not seen Peak Fertility the holder will think you are testing for the first time. If you test, it might not detect High or Peak Fertility. It is better to wait for your next cycle to start testing again.
9. My cycle length varies, when should I start testing using Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test?
If your cycle length varies by more than 3 days, you should use the length of your last cycle to determine when to start testing.
You should test as soon as you can but avoid drinking a large amount of liquid beforehand. If you do not use the first urine after your longest sleep you may see unexpected High Fertility results so it is important that you remember to use the first urine after your longest sleep.
11. Can I buy more Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test test sticks or use the holder with test sticks from any other product?
No. Test sticks are not available separately. You can only use test sticks for the Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test with the holder.
A laboratory test has shown the test to be over 99% accurate in detecting the LH surge (Peak Fertility). The sensitivity of the LH detection in Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test is 40mIU/ml measured against the Third International Standard for urinary LH and FSH for Bioassay (71/264).